vsSolutionBuildEvent Devenv Command-Line
Please note: you can use the CI.MSBuild utility for work through msbuild.exe for special build server etc.
Therefore, this utility supports the next versions: Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013. (Want to see in VS2015+ ?)
- As variant, you can use other our utility - CI.MSBuild
How to get & Install
- Download Devenv_v1.3_[e3b9d87][net40].zip (SourceForge.net)
- All binaries of the CI.MSBuild: /CI-Utilities/Devenv/
Currently the Devenv Command-Line it's only additional wrapper (~41 kb) for work with vsSolutionBuildEvent plugin through API. It means, you should also have this library for work.
- Unpack the Devenv archive into
Visual Studio <num>\Addinsfolder (see full instruction in MSDN). (you can also delete all *.pdb files from archive)
- For example:
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Addins\
- For example:
- The vsSolutionBuildEvent plugin is already should be installed for your version of the Visual Studio.
That's all. Now you can use the vsSolutionBuildEvent with msbuild.
How to use
After install you can use the vsSolutionBuildEvent with Devenv, for example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv" "D:\tmp\App1\App1.sln" /Rebuild Debug
You can also use the
verbosity key for details information from vsSolutionBuildEvent -
verbosity:diagnostic (debug mode), for example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv" "D:\tmp\App1\App1.sln" verbosity:diagnostic /Build Release
For more details about Command Line mode see MSDN documentation
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error setting value to …
If you see similar error:
- Try to update manually your old Json library, or remove it. Path, for example:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Visual Studio\12.0\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
More details about bug here